Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 6 to 9
- pork chops, not too thick
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- canola oil or vegetable for frying
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
FOR THE GLAZE
How to Make Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 1Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons water in a shallow dish.
- 2Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- 3Dip the chops in the flour, then over into the egg, then back over into the flour mixture again.
- 4This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
- 5Be sure to get plenty of flour on this last coating, then shake them a little and place in a pan with about a half inch of oil.
- 6Be sure the oil is hot, but not too hot or the chops will cook too fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
- 7Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- 8Remove from the pan to a 9x13 baking dish.
- 9Saute the garlic a little in the butter. Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic.
- 10Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- 11Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- 12Place uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.