Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
6 to 9pork chops, not too thick
1 tspsalt and pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
·canola oil or vegetable for frying
FOR THE GLAZE
1 1/2 choney
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 dash(es)cayenne pepper, or to your taste
1/2 csoy sauce
1 Tbspgarlic, chopped
How to Make Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons water in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Dip the chops in the flour, then over into the egg, then back over into the flour mixture again.
- This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
- Be sure to get plenty of flour on this last coating, then shake them a little and place in a pan with about a half inch of oil.
- Be sure the oil is hot, but not too hot or the chops will cook too fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- Remove from the pan to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Saute the garlic a little in the butter. Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- Place uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.