crunchy honey garlic pork chops
- pork chops not to thick
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- canola oil or vegetable oil for fryimg
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- cayenne pepper or to your taste
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
FOR THE GLAZE
How to Make crunchy honey garlic pork chops
- 1Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons water together in a shallow dish.
- 2Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- 3Dip the chops in the flour then over into the egg. Then back over into the flour once again.
- 4This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
- 5Be sure to get plenty of flour on in this last coating then shake them a little and place in a pan with about half inch of oil.
- 6Be sure the oil is hot but not to hot or the chops will cook to fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
- 7Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- 8Remove from the pan to a 9x13 baking dish. Saute the garlic a little in the butter.
- 9Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and ginger. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 10Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- 11Pour half the glaze over the chops. Flip them over and pour the other half over the other side.
- 12Place uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.