★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 lbpernil (pork shoulder) (more or less)
2 clovegarlic, pasted -or-
1 tspgarlic powder
2 pkgsazon (i use the one with achiote for color)
1/4 cadobo powder (more or less, to taste)
1 mediumonion, chopped
How to Make Crockpot Pernil (Pork shoulder)
- Taking a small sharp knife, poke holes all over the pernil, particularly around any skin.
- Mix the garlic, sazon and adobo together. Spread all over the pernil and rub in well.
- Wrap the pernil in plastic or put in a sturdy bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Dump pernil and onion in crockpot. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- After cooking, if pernil has bones, pick them out along with the skin which should peel right away. Discard.
- Pernil should shred on its own and create lots of juices. Serve with rice.