- 6 lb
- pernil (pork shoulder) (more or less)
- 2 clove
- garlic, pasted -or-
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 pkg
- sazon (i use the one with achiote for color)
- 1/4 c
- adobo powder (more or less, to taste)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
How to Make Crockpot Pernil (Pork shoulder)
- 1Taking a small sharp knife, poke holes all over the pernil, particularly around any skin.
- 2Mix the garlic, sazon and adobo together. Spread all over the pernil and rub in well.
- 3Wrap the pernil in plastic or put in a sturdy bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4Dump pernil and onion in crockpot. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 5After cooking, if pernil has bones, pick them out along with the skin which should peel right away. Discard.
- 6Pernil should shred on its own and create lots of juices. Serve with rice.