Michelle E Duren
- 2-4 lb
- pork shoulder roast
- 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and each clove cut into 4 peices
- fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro (chop half of bunch)
- 1 can(s)
- beer (12 ounces)
- 1 pkg
- corn or flour tortillas
How to Make Crockpot Carnitas
- 1With a knife, cut several small slits in the roast and insert the garlic.
- 2Place roast in crockpot with whole jalapeno pepper and half of the cilantro, which has been chopped.
- 3Season to taste and pour in beer.
- 4Cook on low: 9-11 hours, or high: 4-6 hours, until fork tender.
- 5Remove meat and shred.
- 6Serve with warm tortillas and your choice of garnishes*.
- 7*Suggested garnishes: Diced tomatoes, onions, sliced olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa, avacados or guacamole, and cilantro.
- 8Side dish....beans and spanish rice!