Michelle E Duren
2-4 lbpork shoulder roast
4 clovegarlic, peeled and each clove cut into 4 peices
1fresh jalapeno pepper
1 bunchfresh cilantro (chop half of bunch)
1 can(s)beer (12 ounces)
1 pkgcorn or flour tortillas
How to Make Crockpot Carnitas
- With a knife, cut several small slits in the roast and insert the garlic.
- Place roast in crockpot with whole jalapeno pepper and half of the cilantro, which has been chopped.
- Season to taste and pour in beer.
- Cook on low: 9-11 hours, or high: 4-6 hours, until fork tender.
- Remove meat and shred.
- Serve with warm tortillas and your choice of garnishes*.
- *Suggested garnishes: Diced tomatoes, onions, sliced olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa, avacados or guacamole, and cilantro.
- Side dish....beans and spanish rice!