CROCKPOT APRICOT GLAZED HAM (BATES)
8 to 10 lbbone-in ham, butt or shank portion
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspspicy brown mustard
8 ozapricot preserves
1 tspground allspice (or cloves)
How to Make CROCKPOT APRICOT GLAZED HAM (BATES)
- In small saucepan, mix sugar, mustard, preserves and spice.
Stir over low heat until sugar is thoroughly dissolved and mixture is heated through
- Place ham in large crockpot on a rack
NOTE: If you don't have a rack, make "runners" by scrunching up several layers of heavy duty foil and placing in bottom of crockpot to rest ham on
- Brush ham on all sides with glaze mixture, reserving about half of glaze for later basting
- Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours
After 4-5 hours, baste ham with remainder of glaze and turn crockpot to high setting
Cook another hour on high until glaze is caramelized onto meat
- Remove to serving platter and let rest for 15-30 minutes before carving.