Crock Pot Roast and Beans
- roast (mom recommends arm roast, but use whatever you prefer)
- onion, chopped
- can chopped green chilies
- can ro-tel tomatoes with chilies
- small can tomato sauce
- 2 c
- pinto beans, dry (or one small bag)
- salt, pepper and seasonings of preference
How to Make Crock Pot Roast and Beans
- 1Put roast in slow cooker. Dump all ingredients on top of roast. f(Be sure to sort beans and remove any rocks, etc.) Cover with water - water should come to just below the top of slow cooker because beans will absorb most of it.
- 2Note from my mom: I put this on in the morning before going to work and they're done when I get home
- 3Another note from my mom: I serve mine with cornbread, but this would be good rolled in flour tortillas.
- 4Note from me: This turns out a little like a bean and beef soup. Once it was finished cooking, I shredded the roast and poured the beans with juice over it and served it with crusty bread.