7-8italian sausage links, cut up (make sure the brand you use has no hfcs)
1 - 1 1/2 lbground beef
1med. onion, coarsly chopped
1small green pepper, coarsly chopped
2 ptchopped tomatoes
1 1/2 choney barbecue sauce (i used billy bee brand, which is hfcs-free)
·crushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make Crock Pot BBQ Sausage & Beef
- Note: The sausage & the BBQ Sauce brands are important. Make sure, as suggested, that what you are using has no HFCS.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Brown sausage. Drain.
- Sautee onion & peppers in skillet until just tender.
- Brown ground beef. Drain.
- Combine all meat, onions & peppers in a 4 Qt. crock pot.
- Add chopped tomatoes, BBQ sauce & crushed red pepper to taste.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Stir. Serve over cooked rice.