Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6-8 lb
- pork roast, boneless
- garlic powder, brown sugar, pepper, salt, paprika to taste
- vegetable or olive oil
- large crock pot
- favorite bottled or home made bbq sauce
How to Make Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1Combine seasonings to your taste. Add seasonings to make more spicy or more brown sugar to sweeten the balance of seasoning.
Rinse and pat dry the pork roast. Rub seasonings on all sides of the pork rubbing in as your spread it over the suface of the roast. Heat oil of choice, I prefer olive oil in deep dutch oven.
Sear the pork roast on all sides until brown, careful not to burn it as the brown sugar will carmelize and burn.
- 2Set crock pot on High setting. Place seared roast and drippings from the dutch oven into the crock pot.
Let cook for 6-8 hours or until you place a fork into the meat and it will shred. You will know when it is completely done!!
Remove the pork. Add your favorite BBQ sauce to the drippings in the crock pot, stirring and combining well. Taste, add more brown sugar or spices if needed.
- 3Shred the pork, place back in the crock pot with the BBQ sauce. Stir to make sure the pork is shredded and absorbing the BBQ sauce.
Serve on kaiser rolls or buns and enjoy with cole slaw and potato salad. Enjoy!!