★★★★★ 1 vote5
- onion, chopped finely
- green pepper, chopped finely
- celery stalks, chopped finely
- 3 clove
- minced garlic
- 5 lb
- boneless pork roast
- 1/3 c
- bacon grease
How to Make Creole Pork Roast
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the onion, green pepper, garlic and celery in food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. Stir in some creole seasoning.
- 2Cut slits across the roast about 1/2 inch deep. Pack the vegetable mixture into the slits. Coat the roast generously with the bacon gease. Rub the creole seasoning all over the outside of the roast.
- 3Brown all sides of the roast on the top of the stove. Just enough on each side to slightly color it. Then place the roast in a roasting pan and cook uncover for an hour. Cover with foil and continue cooking for about 3 more hours.
- 4After the roast is done, you can skim off some of the excess fat and thicken the drippings with a mixture of chicken broth and flour if you want to make a thickened gravy.
- 5Serve with rice or potatoes and smother with the delicious gravy.