Creamy Gravy Beer Braised Country Ribs by Freda
This is a change from the BBQ style ribs.
This Makes Delicious Cream type gravy in the Pot.
Don't let all these steps and Ingredients Intimidate You.
Its really quite easy and tasty too.
Be sure you follow these steps exactly. For Fall-apart delicious ribs.
3 lbsboneless ctry style ribs (beef or pork your choice)
1 tspsalt and pepper (both)
1 tspgarlic pdr
1 tsponion pdr
2 tbs(approx) oil
3 medonions chopped large chunks ( more onions if you desire, my family likes more)
2 (12oz)cans beer (your choice) (i use bud/coors/ rainier)
2 Cwater ( to make gravy)
2envelopes knorr (brand) roasted pork or beef gravy mix
1can cream of mushroom soup
1envelope liptons onion soup mix
1/1/2 Csliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
How to Make Creamy Gravy Beer Braised Country Ribs by Freda
- Mix; salt, pepper, garlic pdr, & Onion Pdr in zip lock bag, then sprinkle over ribs. allow to sit at room temp for 20-30 min
- Preheat Oven @ 375
- Heat oil in large heavy bottom dutch oven pot.
Brown ribs on all sides, over Med High Heat.
(do not crowd them while browning them)
If this takes two batches to Brown, Let it.
Sear them to a nice Brown color.
- Once Ribs have browned well, remove them to plate and set aside.
- There should be enough fat,
(NOTE: but if more is more than 4 TBS of fat,) remove the excess.
Place all the Onions in the bottom of the pan, and allow them to take on a little color.
- Pour 1/4 can of beer in the bottom to deglaze, then return ribs to pan, with any juices in the plate.
Add the restof the beer.
This should just barely cover the ribs& Onions.
- Cover and Bake @ 375 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- The inside of this pan will look like a disaster, of Gooeyness, that's ok.
Now, remove the Ribs from the pan. (they will be falling apart tender)
- Turn Oven down to 325
- Use the water that you will be using for the gravy, to deglaze the pan again.
Then add the Pkg GRAVY Mix according to the Pkg directions. Once the Gravy is thickened, Mix in the Cream of Mushroom soup & the dry Onion soup Mix, and the Mushrooms. Mix together well.
The Ribs & Onions back into the Pot of Gravy, be sure to cover the ribs.
NOTE:(if more Liquid is needed add a little more water just to cover)
- Cover again, and place back into the oven and bake for another 1 Hr @ 325 degrees.
- Serve with Mushed Potatoes, Over RICE, Or Noodles.
and Your favorite Salad or Vegie.