Creamy Gravy Beer Braised Country Ribs by Freda
This is a change from the BBQ style ribs.
This Makes Delicious Cream type gravy in the Pot.
Don't let all these steps and Ingredients Intimidate You.
Its really quite easy and tasty too.
Be sure you follow these steps exactly. For Fall-apart delicious ribs.
- 3 lbs
- boneless ctry style ribs (beef or pork your choice)
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper (both)
- 1 tsp
- garlic pdr
- 1 tsp
- onion pdr
- 2 tbs
- (approx) oil
- 3 med
- onions chopped large chunks ( more onions if you desire, my family likes more)
- 2 (12oz)
- cans beer (your choice) (i use bud/coors/ rainier)
- 2 C
- water ( to make gravy)
- envelopes knorr (brand) roasted pork or beef gravy mix
- can cream of mushroom soup
- envelope liptons onion soup mix
- 1/1/2 C
- sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
Brown ribs on all sides, over Med High Heat.
(do not crowd them while browning them)
If this takes two batches to Brown, Let it.
Sear them to a nice Brown color.
(NOTE: but if more is more than 4 TBS of fat,) remove the excess.
Place all the Onions in the bottom of the pan, and allow them to take on a little color.
Add the restof the beer.
This should just barely cover the ribs& Onions.
Now, remove the Ribs from the pan. (they will be falling apart tender)
Then add the Pkg GRAVY Mix according to the Pkg directions. Once the Gravy is thickened, Mix in the Cream of Mushroom soup & the dry Onion soup Mix, and the Mushrooms. Mix together well.
The Ribs & Onions back into the Pot of Gravy, be sure to cover the ribs.
NOTE:(if more Liquid is needed add a little more water just to cover)
and Your favorite Salad or Vegie.