- 1 1/2 c
- 1 3/4 c
- water, divided
- 1 12-oz pkg
- fresh cranberries, or frozen
- 1/2 c
- barbecue sauce
- bone-in pork chops (1/2 - 3/4-inch thick)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- cold water
How to Make Cranberry Pork Chops
One 16-ounce can of whole-berry cranberry sauce may be substituted for the sugar, cranberries and 1 1/2 cups water. Combine cranberry sauce with the barbecue sauce and 1/4 cup water; use as directed in recipe.
- 2In a saucepan, combine sugar and 1 1/2 cups water. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add cranberries; cook 5 minutes longer or until the berries pop. Skim off foam if necessary. Stir in barbecue sauce and remaining water.
- 3Mix well; set aside. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops on both sides in oil; drain.
- 5Pour the cranberry sauce over chops. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 6Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops.