CRANBERRY PORK SHOULDER ROAST - CROCKPOT RECIPE
Nancy J. Patrykus
I was awake and we got to talking
about recipes.. and JAP.
I told her I was collecting recipes,and the next day she gave me six wonderful ones.
Thank you Tammy..I am sure my jap friends will love this one.
I have changed her recipe, a little, to using 33% less salt and 100% fat free chicken broth!
Maybe now I can enjoy it on my
Heart Healthy,low salt diet! Ha!
Just dreaming......and lol.
- 2-1/2 lb
- boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 c
- sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- sugar........white or brown
- 1/2 c
- cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth.. 100% fat free canned chicken broth with 33% less salt
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
How to Make CRANBERRY PORK SHOULDER ROAST - CROCKPOT RECIPE
- 2Combine them beautiful red dried cranberrie babies,the chicken broth and cranberry juice cocktail into a small bowl.
Mix well. If you want to add a bit of sweetness, throw in a few raisens.
NOTE:Left over cranberry juice goes very
well over ice cubes in a tall glass.
Adding vodka...is your option!
Grandma always said...
"WASTE NOT..WANT NOT"..........tee hee
- 4When done to your taste, place roast on a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
Pour juices from crockpot, into a skillet,put some juice in a cup,add a little cool water, and the corn starch...mix well..then add to the cup of juice into the skillet.
Stirring and cooking on medium heat,
till this lucious gravy is made...YUM!!!
Carve roast..serve and enjoy.
Some smashed taters and fresh green beans...will round out this glorious meal.
This is my recipe.
Main foto pinched from