★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 lb
- lean country spareribs/ or pork roast
- 1 large can(s)
- sauerkraut, canned
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large
- apple, cored and sliced (i peel the apple)
How to Make Country Style Ribs and Kraut
- 1Put ribs in large pan, add water to just cover, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until tender. Watch and do not let boil dry.
- 2When ribs are tender remove from heat, allow ribs to cool in pan and refrigerate overnight. Next day remove the fat that has hardened on the top of the spareribs, discard.
- 3In same pan add the sauerkraut, brown sugar and apple to the cooked ribs and simmer for 45 minutes.