Country Style Pork Ribs in a Crock Pot
- 3 lb
- country style pork ribs
- 1/2 lb
- 1/4 lb
- peppers, red orange and yellow
- 1/4 lb
- mushrooms any type fresh or dried
- 2 medium
- 2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 c
- red wine
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 clove
- garlic chopped
- salt to taste
How to Make Country Style Pork Ribs in a Crock Pot
- 1If you are using dried mushrooms please soak in water and set aside.
- 2Heat a large skillet on high, add oil. Let the oil get hot - add garlic and ribs. Do not move the ribs untill you think they are browned - check ONE if you are not sure. If you move the meat in the pan it will never brown. Turn ribs and brown on other side.
- 3Remove and place in crock pot.
- 4Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms to pan. If you are using dried mushrooms drain before using!! Add salt to taste. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- 5Add red wine and deglaze the pan. Move the veg around and be sure the brown stuff from the bottom the pan is coming up, this is where the flavor is!
- 6Add all this liquid , and veg to the crock-pot, now add the tomatoes and dried thyme. Allow to cook in your crock-pot for 8-10 hours or store in refrigerator and cook in crock-pot the next day.