How to Make Country Ham Steaks with Raisin and Cranberry Sauce
- Using a sharp knife, make several cuts within fat edges of ham at intervals of about 2 inches; insert 2 or 3 cloves into fat.
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and cranberry juice until smooth; pour mixture into saucepan. Add orange juice and raisins to mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; cover and set aside. Place both steaks on broiler away from hottest section; cook approximately 15 minutes. Turn and brush liberally with glaze.
- Cook additional 10 minutes. Turn again; brush other side with glaze.
- Continue cooking until ham edges are browned; serve immediately.