Country Fried Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Country Fried Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
- 1Mix flour, salt and pepper in a plate or shallow dish. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour (reserve unused flour).
- 2Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. When hot, add the flour coated pork chops and brown on medium-high. Turn and brown on the other side.
- 3Add 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- 4Remove cover, increase the heat and re-crisp the chops. Remove chops to a paper towel lined plate.
- 5Stir up any flour "crispies" to loosen. Add more oil if needed to make about 3 tablespoons (I didn't say this was low fat!).
- 6Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the reserved seasoned flour to the hot oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until lightly browned. Add 2 cups of milk all at once and continue stirring until thickened and bubbly. If the gravy is too thick, add some water. Add a couple of drops of gravy coloring if needed to give the gravy a rich color. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve pork chops with cream gravy.