Corn & Sausage Skillet Bake
If you like something quick, easy and love sausage and cornbread you will love this one!
None of the ingredients are "rinsed or drained", so if you want to make it a tad bit healthier, rinse your sausage (or use turkey sausage).
I use Owen's brand sausage (could use spicy variety, if you prefer) and a Jiffy cornbread mix.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbulk pork sausage
1 can(s)cream style corn
1 Tbspminced onion (rehydrated in 2 t water)
1/2 tspblack pepper (optional)
1 boxjiffy cornbread mix
FOR CORNBREAD MIX ADD:
How to Make Corn & Sausage Skillet Bake
- Cook sausage in a 10 inch cast iron skillet until crumbly and well done.
- Add remaining ingredients except cornbread mix.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Prepare cornbread mix as directed on package with egg and milk.
- Spread evenly on top of corn mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm. (May add a little shredded cheese, if you prefer).