Corn & Sausage Skillet Bake
If you like something quick, easy and love sausage and cornbread you will love this one!
None of the ingredients are "rinsed or drained", so if you want to make it a tad bit healthier, rinse your sausage (or use turkey sausage).
I use Owen's brand sausage (could use spicy variety, if you prefer) and a Jiffy cornbread mix.
- 1 lb
- bulk pork sausage
- 1 can(s)
- cream style corn
- 1 Tbsp
- minced onion (rehydrated in 2 t water)
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper (optional)
- 1 jar(s)
- 1 box
- jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 medium
- 1/3 c
FOR CORNBREAD MIX ADD:
How to Make Corn & Sausage Skillet Bake
- 1Cook sausage in a 10 inch cast iron skillet until crumbly and well done.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except cornbread mix.
- 3Simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Prepare cornbread mix as directed on package with egg and milk.
- 5Spread evenly on top of corn mixture.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cut into wedges and serve warm. (May add a little shredded cheese, if you prefer).