★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- 1 box
- jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 large
How to Make Corn Doggies
- 11. I use a small Fry Daddy frier, so I put the oil in it and let it heat up as I do the rest of the steps. You could do this on the stove top, in a large saucepan with enough oil to cover the hot dogs. I don't recommend that though, because I burned my hand really bad doing it on the stovetop. Now I am chicken. But if you are careful, go for it!
- 22. In medium sized bowl mix cornbread mix, egg, and enough milk so that it becomes the consistancy of pancake batter.
- 33. Roll the hotdog in flour on a plate (if you skip this step the cornbread mix will come off in the fryer). Dip floured hot dog into the cornbread mixture. Make sure the hotdog is completely coated and let access drip off. Lightly dust in flour once more (I just sprinkle it on, if you skip this step, the batter comes off in the frier).
- 44. Fry the cornbread coated hotdog in the fryer until the dough is golden brown (does not take long at all, just a minute or so). Drain on papertowel.
- 5***NOTE*** The cornbread mix will thicken as it sits so you may have to just add more milk to keep it the pancake consistancy