This recipe is out of my Quick Cooking Taste of Home magazine. May/June 1998
- 1 can(s)
- (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted - i sometimes use cream of mushroom
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 c
- uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar(s)
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 c
- (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small
- onion, chopped ( optional )
How to Make Colorful Kielbasa
- 1In a large skillet, combine the soup, water and butter; bring to a boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
( I saute my kielbasi and onions first to add to flavor).
- 2Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted.