Cod with Chorizo & White Bean
You can add some fresh summer vegetables like zucchini or summer squash. Great served as is or over some long grain rice.
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
1shallot, finely chopped
2 ozspanish chorizo or turkey kielbasa
1 tspchopped fresh thyme
2 clovegarlic, chopped fine
14 1/2 ozfire roasted tomatoes
1/2 cdry white wine
1 cchicken broth, low-fat, low sodium
1 1/4 lbpacific cod. cut into 4 pieces. i buy frozen individual pices for quick portions.
·freshly ground pepper to taste
15 ozgreat northern beans, rinsed
How to Make Cod with Chorizo & White Bean
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add Shallot, chorizo (or Kielbasa) and tyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, cook one minute more.
- Add 1/4 cup of wine and fire roasted tomatoes and cook 2 to 4 minutes until bubbling.
- Add chicken broth, and remaining wine.
- Add rinsed northern beans
- Add Fish. Cook at a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until flaky. Turning once.