Cod with Chorizo & White Bean
You can add some fresh summer vegetables like zucchini or summer squash. Great served as is or over some long grain rice.
- 1 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- shallot, finely chopped
- 2 oz
- spanish chorizo or turkey kielbasa
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped fine
- 14 1/2 oz
- fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low-fat, low sodium
- 1 1/4 lb
- pacific cod. cut into 4 pieces. i buy frozen individual pices for quick portions.
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 15 oz
- great northern beans, rinsed
How to Make Cod with Chorizo & White Bean
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add Shallot, chorizo (or Kielbasa) and tyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Add garlic, cook one minute more.
- 4Add 1/4 cup of wine and fire roasted tomatoes and cook 2 to 4 minutes until bubbling.
- 5Add chicken broth, and remaining wine.
- 6Add rinsed northern beans
- 7Add Fish. Cook at a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until flaky. Turning once.