12 slicebread, sandwich
1 Tbspprepared basil pesto (i used classico)
1 Tbspprepared sun-dried tomato pesto (i used classico)
8 slicebacon, cut in half
1/2 lbshaved ham
1/4 lbgenoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4 lbshaved turkey
4avocados, peeled and sliced
8 sliceprovolone cheese
How to Make Club CaliItaliano
- Toast bread in toaster until light golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise with the prepared basil pesto; in a separate bowl, mix additional 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise with the prepared sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Now to the sandwich building:
Spread two pieces of toasted bread with the mayo/basil pesto mixture. On one slice of prepared toast, lay ham on top, then top with cheese, lettuce, slices of 1/2 avocado and then top with two half bacon slices. Place second slice of toast, mayo/basil pesto side down on top.
- Second Layer:
On the top of the toast you just placed, spread the sun-dried tomato pesto/mayo, then place salami (turkey), cheese, lettuce, slices of 1/2 avocado, then top with two half bacon slices. Spread a third slice of toast with the sun-dried tomato pesto/mayo and place it on top with the mayo/pesto side down.
- Cut sandwich in half on the diagonal then again in fourths.
Repeat steps 3-6 until you have four sandwiches.
I made two sandwiches with ham/Genoa salami and two sandwiches with ham/turkey.