Ciao Bella Sausage and Peppers
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
So this is my version, and adaptation of my mother's recipe.
- 3 lb
- sweet italian sausage (large variety), cut into 12 links
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 6 large
- cubanelle peppers (sweet italian peppers), seeded and sliced
- 1 large
- red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 14 oz, cans of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
How to Make Ciao Bella Sausage and Peppers
- 1Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Par boil sausage for 10 minutes. Remove from water and blot on paper towels.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown sausage. Add white wine and deglaze pan. Cook down for 5 minutes.
- 3Add sliced peppers and onions with tomatoes. Cover pan and cook for 25-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. You can also bake in a 350 degree oven. (May need to add some water if peppers need more time to tenderize)
- 4Serve with crusty Italian bread.
- 5An alternative is to cut sausage into bite size pieces after boiling. Great for a party and can be kept warm in a crock pot.