Ciao Bella Mexicali Pork Chops
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A lovely prepare-ahead meal! The Crew and I ate up the hearty flavors and mildly spicy kick. (Would be great for a potluck!) The Test Kitchen
6pork chops, 1 inch thick
1 Tbspolive oil
215 oz cans of diced tomotoes plain, or mexican flavor
8 ozfrozen or canned corn (drained)
115 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 crice, white or brown
14 oz can diced green chiles, drained
1 tspchili powder
·a few dashes of hot sauce, optional
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ciao Bella Mexicali Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat oil and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Drain excess fat from skillet and in the same pan add undrained tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, green chiles, chili powder and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Place in a 9" X 13" baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until rice is tender and pork is no longer pink.