Ciao Bella Mexicali Pork Chops
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A lovely prepare-ahead meal! The Crew and I ate up the hearty flavors and mildly spicy kick. (Would be great for a potluck!) The Test Kitchen
- pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 15 oz cans of diced tomotoes plain, or mexican flavor
- 8 oz
- frozen or canned corn (drained)
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c
- rice, white or brown
- 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- a few dashes of hot sauce, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ciao Bella Mexicali Pork Chops
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet heat oil and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- 3Drain excess fat from skillet and in the same pan add undrained tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, green chiles, chili powder and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 4Place in a 9" X 13" baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until rice is tender and pork is no longer pink.