Chipotle's Carnitas (Pulled Pork)
3 lbboneless butt pork roast
3 Tbspoil (canola, olive or vegetable)
3 - 4bay leaves
1-2 Tbspjuniper berries
1 sprig(s)fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme)
How to Make Chipotle's Carnitas (Pulled Pork)
- Season pork well on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sear pork in hot oil on all sides, approximately 3 minutes per side or until dark golden brown.
- Place the roast in a crock pot and add bay leaves, thyme and juniper berries.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender and shreds easily. Time will vary depending on how large your cut of meat is. We usually have a 3-4 pound roast and it takes @ 6 - 7 hours. You can start it on high for 2 hours and turn it down as well.