Chipotle's Carnitas (Pulled Pork)
- 3 lb
- boneless butt pork roast
- 3 Tbsp
- oil (canola, olive or vegetable)
- 3 - 4
- bay leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp
- juniper berries
- 1 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme)
How to Make Chipotle's Carnitas (Pulled Pork)
- 1Season pork well on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 3Sear pork in hot oil on all sides, approximately 3 minutes per side or until dark golden brown.
- 4Place the roast in a crock pot and add bay leaves, thyme and juniper berries.
- 5Cover and cook on low until meat is tender and shreds easily. Time will vary depending on how large your cut of meat is. We usually have a 3-4 pound roast and it takes @ 6 - 7 hours. You can start it on high for 2 hours and turn it down as well.