☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4-5 lbboneless pork loin or pork shoulder
2 can(s)chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (11 oz)
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1 can(s)dr. pepper (regular 12 oz)
1onion, peel and quartered
·salt to season top of pork
How to Make Chipotle Pork Loin
- Separate the onion wedges and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Place pork loin on top of onions (if using pork shoulder, place in crock pot fat side up).
- Pour Chipotle Peppers in Adobe over the top of roast.
- Pour 2 cans of Dr. Pepper around sides of roast (try not to wash off the Chipotles from top of roast).
- Sprinkle 2 TBL of brown sugar around sides of roast right into liquid.
- Cover and cook on high in crock pot 6-7 hours (pork should pull apart easily with a fork). NOTE: You can also cook this in the oven for same amount of time at 300 degrees.
- Take roast out and shred with forks. Skim off fat from top of aus jus and then place pork back in the juice.
- You can make sandwiches out of this, use it for burritos, or nachos. Sky is the limit!