- 1 1/2 lbs. lean pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 can chow mein vegetables, drained (16 oz)
- 3tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
How to Make Chinese Pork and Vegetables
- 1Trim excess fat from meat. Cut meat into 1/4 to 1/2" cubes. Heat 1 T. oil in
large skillet. Brown meat. Drain off fat.
- 2Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling
water. Pour 1/3 cup of the bouillon on meat. Cover and simmer until tender,
about 25 minutes. Remove meat and liquid from skillet. Set aside.
- 3In same
skillet, cook and stir onion, green pepper and mushrooms in 2 T. oil until
crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in meat and liquid, chow mein
vegetables, remaining bouillon and the soy sauce. Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup
water. Gradually stir into meat mixture.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until
mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over rice.
Source: My Old Recipes