Chinese Country Ribs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbsprice vinegar
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 tspfive spice powder
1finely chopped onion
2 tspfresh ginger root, finely chopped
1 tspcornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
4 lbcountry ribs, cut into individual ribs
·hot cooked rice
How to Make Chinese Country Ribs
- In a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker, combine ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, five-spice powder, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Position a broiler rack 6 inches from the source of the heat and preheat the broiler.
- Broil the ribs, turning once, until browned. About 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to the slow cooker.
- Stir to coat the ribs with the sauce.
- Cover and slow cook until ribs are tender.
- About 5-6 hours at 200 degrees (low).
- Transfer the ribs to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Skim the fat from the surface of the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan bring the sauce to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Cook until reduced to about 1 cup, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook just until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over ribs and serve immediately with hot cooked rice.