Chinese BBQ Pork
2pork tenderloins, about 1-1/2 lbs.
2-1/4 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbsphoisin sauce
1 Tbspsherry wine
1 Tbspblack bean sauce
1-1/2 tspgingerroot, minced or finely grated
2 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspsesame oil
1 pinchfive-spice powder
How to Make Chinese BBQ Pork
- Trim any fat from tenderloins; tuck ends under and tie each tenderloin with kitchen string.
- Place in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish. Whisk together remaining ingredients to make marinade and pour over pork, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking. Preheat oven to 375F. Place pork on rack in roasting pan, reserving marinade.
- Pour 1 cup water in pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes, basting generously 4 times or until meat themometer inserted at 20-degree angle registers 160F and meat still has a just a hint of pink.
- Remove from oven and cover with tented foil. Let stand for 10 minutes, then remove string and slice diagonally into thin slices.