Chile Verde Burrito
one largepork roast or pork tri- tip cut into bite size pieces
one largecan diced tomatoes. more if needed
one largecan diced ortega green chiles
two mediumcans diced jalepenos', add one tsp. crushed red peppers . if it's not hot enough add 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
1/2 ccornstarch for thickening
·velveeta cheese grated
How to Make Chile Verde Burrito
- cut up your roast into bite size pieces. hint. leave a little of the fat in.
- put into a large pot. I use a waterless cookware pot. add the green chilies, and jalapenos. cover and cook on lowest heat till meat is tender and juices have cooked out. (DO NOT ADD ANY WATER)
- after the meat is done and is tender add in the diced tomatoes. if there is not much juice with the tomatoes ADD ANOTHER CAN. salt to taste.
- turn the fire up and when it starts to boil, mix 1/2 cup of cornstarch with water and add to mixture to thicken. taste. if it is not hot enough to suit you add the crushed red peppers now.
- warm a large flour tortilla add meat mixture with a little of the cheese. roll up. add more mixture to top of burrito add more cheese. if cheese does not melt on top put in microwave for few seconds then ENJOY!