Chicago Style Pan Pizza
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 lb
- bulk sausage
- 4 oz
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 28 oz
- can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 lb
- frozen bread dough, thawed
How to Make Chicago Style Pan Pizza
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 3Mix together drained tomatoes, oregano, salt and garlic powder. Spread over dough.
- 4Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Cook and stir until evenly browned.
- 6Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over the dough crust.
- 7Lay pepperoni on top of sausage.
- 8Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- 9Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- 10Spoon over the mozzarella cheese.
- 11Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- 12Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven or until crust is golden brown.