Cherry berry BBQ sauce
Irisa Raina 9
When using hickory smoke remember a little goes a long way...1/8 of a teaspoon may seem like not a lot but it is…
This is amazing on shrimp and pork
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 – 12 oz can frozen cherry juice “unsweetened “
- 1 can dark pitted cherries “ for pie “ un-drained & chopped
- 1 – 6oz. can tomato paste
- 8 oz fire roasted tomatoes “ un-drained “
- 2 -3 chipotle in adobo chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce from can
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 c honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hickory smoke “ see note”
How to Make Cherry berry BBQ sauce
- 1This is one of those dump into a pot and cook it till it is so good and thick. You'll want to stir this often so it doesn't burn.
How easy is that?
- 2After it has cooled, strain and put it in the refrigerator …..or ….if you want it with all the good bits and pieces in it…..keep it like it is….
- 3This makes 3 – 4 cups depending on how long you cook it…...and if you strain it or not.