Cheesy Cauliflower & Smoked Sausage Bake
Re-posted to here on June 28th.,2011
- 1/2 lb
- smoked sausage,(i used hillshire farms the one with the yellow wrapper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 12 oz
- package frozen cauliflower,thawed
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- milk ( may not need all the milk)
- 1 1/2 c
- grated sharp chedder cheese,divided
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower & Smoked Sausage Bake
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In a medium skillet heat oil and,brown sausage and onion, ( If using ) and set aside ( drain if needed ).
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt butter/margarine; add flour and cook until light yellow and pasty-looking then add a little milk at a time and stir until slightly thickened.( may need just a cup)
- 4Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
- 5Then fold the cauliflower and smoked sausage into the cheese sauce, coating well.
- 6Place into a greased 2 quart rectangle or a 8 x 8 square baking dish then sprinkle top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika if desired and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.