Cheesy Cauliflower & Smoked Sausage Bake
Re-posted to here on June 28th.,2011
1/2 lbsmoked sausage,(i used hillshire farms the one with the yellow wrapper)
1 1/2 Tbspvegetable oil
12 ozpackage frozen cauliflower,thawed
1 1/4 cmilk ( may not need all the milk)
1 1/2 cgrated sharp chedder cheese,divided
1 tspblack pepper, or to taste
1/2 tspsalt, or to taste
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower & Smoked Sausage Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium skillet heat oil and,brown sausage and onion, ( If using ) and set aside ( drain if needed ).
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter/margarine; add flour and cook until light yellow and pasty-looking then add a little milk at a time and stir until slightly thickened.( may need just a cup)
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
- Then fold the cauliflower and smoked sausage into the cheese sauce, coating well.
- Place into a greased 2 quart rectangle or a 8 x 8 square baking dish then sprinkle top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika if desired and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.