Cheesey Pumpkin Mac
- 3 quart baking dish
- non stick cooking spray
- 16 oz. pkg. of dry rotini pasta
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz. pumpkin
- 2 c
- fresh sage leaves , will be about 1 tbsp. after finely chopping
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- white or black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg ( ground )
- 2 pkg
- 8 oz. each shredded chedder cheese ( about 4 cups )
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
How to Make Cheesey Pumpkin Mac
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 - Lightly Spray a 3 Qt. Casserole dish with cooking spray - Set Aside - cook rotini according to Pkg. directions, Drain and take half ( about3 1/2 cups ) and spread in the dish. set aside
- 2In a sauce pan, combine the pumpkin ,milk, sage, salt, pepper and nutmeg, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, over medium high heat, pour half the mixture , evenly over the rotini in the dish, then sprinkle with half the cheese, then put rest of rotini over the cheese, then rest of pumpkin mixture over the rotini, and sprinkle rest of cheese evenly over and sprinkle the panko evenly over the top .
- 3to make into a casserole - cook ground sauceage , drain and layer starting with 1st layer , half of sauceage or shredded or diced cooked pork, then follow with, the pumpkin mixture, half the cheese, repeat the layers once starting with the rotini, sprinkling the panko over the top.
- 4put dish in pre heated oven , uncovered cook about 35 minutes or untill top is lightly browned and mixture is hot and bubbly.