☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cham, smoked and diced
4green onion, finely chopped
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cricotta cheese
2spinach pasta sheets, 12 x 4" each
1/2 lbprosciutto, sliced 1/4" thick
1 galchicken stock
2shallots, peeled and minced
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Cheese Pasta Roll with Tomato Sauce
- ** Bouquet garni is a cheesecloth bag (or some other porous material) in which you've put some rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, and crushed peppercorns. There is no rule for how much of each you'd use.
- Tomato Sauce: To prepare the tomatoes, drop them briefly into boiling water, then remove and plunge them into cold water and peel. Remove the seeds and chop the tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a saute pan and add minced shallots. Saute, covered, for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add tomatoes and bouquet garni.
- Season to taste.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove shallots and bouquet garni, then puree.
- Reserve sauce.
- Pasta Roll: In a saute pan, melt the butter and add the diced ham and scallions.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes until scallions are soft.
- Beat the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and pepper together until smooth.
- Add the sauteed ham and scallions to the cheese mixture; then add eggs, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 - 3 hours.
- Spread half of the filling on one of the pasta sheets - leaving a half-inch border around the edges.
- Brush the border with a little melted butter.
- Place a layer of sliced Prosciutto to cover the filling mixture then beginning at one of the short ends of the pasta, roll it up.
- Do not roll too loosely or the poaching liquid may seep into the cheese/meat mixture.
- Wrap roll in a double thickness of cheesecloth and tie each end securely with string.
- Repeat for second pasta sheet.
- Fill a large saute pan with chicken stock.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add pasta rolls.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook gently, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Drain and cool before removing string and cheesecloth.
- Cut each roll in half-inch thick slices.
- Pour some of the tomato sauce into a pool on the bottom of individual serving plates and arrange the slices on the plates.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.