☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 1-pound (or 15-1/2 ounce) cans pork and beans
·1 pound bacon
·1/2 cup chopped onions
·3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
·2 tablespoons molasses
·2 tablespoons catsup
·1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
How to Make Cheatin' Beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain the liquid from the beans. Remove and discard that token scrap of pork fat (if that's what it really is) they put in each can. Put the beans in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Fry the bacon, remove it from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Sauté the onion in the bacon drippings until it is transparent. Remove onion with a slotted spoon and add to beans.
- In a small bowl, blend the brown sugar, molasses, catsup and dried mustard.
- Break or tear the bacon into 1-inch pieces and add to beans. Add the brown sugar mixture, and stir gently until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once.