Charlie's B'Day Sweet n' Sour Pork
1 and 1/2 tspground ginger
4pork chops, or equivalent in pork tenderloin
3 - 4 Tbspoil
18 oz. can pineapple chunks
3 Tbspwhite vinegar
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
How to Make Charlie's B'Day Sweet n' Sour Pork
- Cut pork chops or tenderloin into bite-size pieces. Mix ginger with half of the flour. Coat pork pieces in the flour mixture. Brown in hot oil, removing pieces as they brown. Drain off excess oil, but leave a small amount with the pork drippings.
- Mix remaining flour with 2/3 cup of water, then add vinegar and soy sauce. Add liquid to drippings in pan. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; add pork.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, or until meat is tender - *If using tenderloin, the cooking period will be greatly shortened, so don't overcook!
- Add drained pineapple and bell pepper (if using). Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice.
- NOTE: You can add the pineapple juice in place of part of the water added in step 2 if you like; I don't because it makes it a little overly sweet for our tastes.