Carol's Cherry Coke Pulled Pork
2 lbpork shoulder, cut into 6 large chunks
1 dash(es)salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbspolive oil
2celery stalks chopped
1 clovegarlic, roughly chopped
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 cred wine
2 can(s)cherry coke
1 bunchparsley stems, tied with string
1 cbeef broth
How to Make Carol's Cherry Coke Pulled Pork
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and working in batches brown the meat on all sides until a golden brown crust forms.
- Transfer the pork to a plate. To the pan add the onion, celery, carrot and sweat until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sweat another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes to cook off the raw flavor.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook cook another 2 minutes to cook off it's raw flavor.
- Whisk in the wine and reduce it by half.
- Return the pork to the Dutch oven then stir in the beef broth, parsley stems and bay leaves.
- Add the Cherry Coke if liquid does not come up to the top of the pork. Do not cover the pork with liquid.
- Cover the pan and place it in the oven to braise until the meat is fork tender.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pull meat apart, to create pulled pork sandwiches.