"CARNITAS" (Mexican Dish ) By Freda
The aroma of this cooking is amazing, and so good.
Serve these with Warm Corn Tortillas, Gaucamole, Pico-de-gallo, and . ... oh YUMMMM.
- 4 Lbs
- boneless pork shoulder (fat trimed)
- 2 Cans
- (16oz) chicken broth
- 5 - 6 clove
- garlic, (grounded in a mortar)
- 1 TBS
- cuimin seeds (grounded in a mortar)
- 2 lge
- onions, cut in quarters
- 1/2 bunch
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper & season to you own tastes
How to Make "CARNITAS" (Mexican Dish ) By Freda
- 1Cut Pork into Chuncks, and discard the big pieces of Fat. ( I leave a little on, as it adds Flavor)
- 2Add pork chunks, Broth, Garlic,Cumin, Onion, & cilantro in a dutch oven. (if necessary add a little water till meat is covered)
- 3Bring this to a boil, reduce eat to low, and simmer for about 3-4 hrs or until meat is very soft and pulls apart easily (fork tender)
NOTE: be careful not to shred the meat, it needs to stay chunky, but tender.
- 4Remove meat from the pot, and place in roasting pan.
Discard the onion broth.
Break meat apart into smaller chunks.( DO NOT SHRED) should be in mall chunks.
- 5BAKE IN OVEN @ 450. about 20 minutes, or until meat is brown and a bit crispy
- 6Heat Tortillas, serve with your favorites topping in your tortillas.
I usually make either Spanish rice or Pinto Beans with this.
NOTE: you can adjust the Garlic, cumin, & onions cilantro salt and pepper to your personal liking.
This is an Authenic recipe of our Family's Mexican Relatives, & sisters.!