Carne de Porco a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pork Meat)
2 lbpork loin
1small onion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 cdry white wine
1chicken bouillon packet
2 tsphot sauce
9 smallpotatoes, peeled & diced
How to Make Carne de Porco a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pork Meat)
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes. Place meat in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, hot sauce, garlic, bay leaf and a half cup of wine.
- Stir. Then, let marinate for a minimum of one hour.
- Peel and cut your potatoes into 1" pieces. Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry your potatoes until golden and crisp. Set aside in a bowl lined with a paper towel. Season with a little salt.
- Next, add 1/4 cup oil to a preheated skillet over high heat. Add your onions. Cook for one minute. Add the marinated meat mixture. Brown the cubed pork on all sides and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining wine, boullion, and half cup water. Add additional hot sauce to taste, if needed.
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with the corn starch and stir until the corn starch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch to your pan, and let cook for another 5 minutes until the liquid is thickened.
- Add you potatoes to your pan and let sit for 2 minutes before serving.