Carne de Porco a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pork Meat)
- 2 lb
- pork loin
- small onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp
- bay leaf
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon packet
- 2 tsp
- hot sauce
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- 9 small
- potatoes, peeled & diced
- cooking oil
How to Make Carne de Porco a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pork Meat)
- 1Cut meat into 1 inch cubes. Place meat in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, hot sauce, garlic, bay leaf and a half cup of wine.
- 2Stir. Then, let marinate for a minimum of one hour.
- 3Peel and cut your potatoes into 1" pieces. Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry your potatoes until golden and crisp. Set aside in a bowl lined with a paper towel. Season with a little salt.
- 4Next, add 1/4 cup oil to a preheated skillet over high heat. Add your onions. Cook for one minute. Add the marinated meat mixture. Brown the cubed pork on all sides and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the remaining wine, boullion, and half cup water. Add additional hot sauce to taste, if needed.
- 6In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with the corn starch and stir until the corn starch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch to your pan, and let cook for another 5 minutes until the liquid is thickened.
- 7Add you potatoes to your pan and let sit for 2 minutes before serving.