CAMP NEWAGO HOT DOGS
How to Make CAMP NEWAGO HOT DOGS
- Heat broiler on toaster oven and line broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Open package of hot dogs and slice lengthwise about 2/3rds the way thru.
- Cut cheese slices into strips and stuff into hot dogs the whole length.
- Wrap each hot dog with a bacon strip starting at one end and working along the length like candy cane stripes. Secure at ends with a toothpick.
- Place under hot broiler and cook until bacon is completely cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Place split open hot dog buns under broiler top and watch carefully to brown them slightly while hot dogs cook.
- After removing food from broiler, serve dogs on the buns remembering to remove toothpicks.
- Can be garnished with diced onions, relish & barbecue sauce, and served along with baked beans and potato chips. Makes a great lunch.