Cabbage Rolls (Crockpot)
12 - 14 largecabbage leaves
1 lbground beef
1 lbground sausage
1/2 smallonion, finely diced
1 tspminced garlic
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 ccooked rice
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1 can(s)(6 oz) tomato paste
1 can(s)(15 - 16 oz) chicken broth
1 can(s)(15 oz) crushed or stewed tomatoes
How to Make Cabbage Rolls (Crockpot)
- Select 12 - 14 large, undamaged leaves from a head of cabbage.
- In a large sauce pan, boil 4 - 6 cups water.
- Remove pan from heat; place cabbage leaves into the hot water, cover and soak for 5 minutes, until pliable. Remove the leaves, drain and cool. Use a sharp knife to remove the thick core rib at the base of each leaf, leaving the rest of the leaf in tact.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, sausage, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cooked rice and egg. Using your hands, mix ingredients until well combined.
- Place 2 tbsp. of mixture on each leaf and roll up firmly. Place cabbage rolls in your Crockpot.
- In the same bowl you prepared the meat mixture, combine tomato paste and chicken broth with any leftover meat and pour over the cabbage rolls.
- Pour can of crushed or stewed tomatoes over the cabbage rolls.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Great served with sour cream and chopped green onions for garnish.