Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
My first taste of greek seasoning..I love it and use it all the time now for a different spice.
Safeway.com recipe:L Williams
1/2 cchopped celery
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 Tbspbutter (oh heck, use a full tablespoon)
15 sliceday old bread, torn into pieces or cubed
1/2 Tbspgreek-style seasoning (see below)
·1/2 t0 1 cup of chicken broth as needed for you dressing
6pork chops, boneless, center cut or extra thick
·(i use 4 pork chops)
1 cbrown sugar
1/2 cbutter, melted
2 Tbsporegano, dried
1 Tbsprosemary, dried
1 Tbsponion flakes, dehydrated, ground
2 tspgarlic powder
1 tspfennel seeds, ground
1/2 Tbspblack pepper
How to Make Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
- In a small skillet, melt the 1 tb butter. Add the onions and celery and saute' until translucent.
Add saute' mixture to a large bowl with the bread, Greek seasoning and broth..
Mix to coat bread evenly, not to soggy.
This will be the dressing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the dressing (bread mixture)in the bottom of a buttered, 9 x 13 baking dish.
Top with pork chops, OPT: sprinkle with more Greek seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and mix together.
Brush mixture over pork chops and drizzel over chops and dressing, allowing to seep into dressing.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Check with therm, until internal temp of pork chop is 160 degrees. Baking time will very depending on thickness of pork chops.
Serve pork chop with a scoop of dressing.
- In case you do not have any Greek seasoning, you can make a batch to put into your spice cabinet.
- Greek seasoning: combine all seasoning and mix well. I used my small processer to grind and mix seasoning. Put into a small container with lid, to use on other recipes.