Brown Sugar Chipotle Roast Pork (pulled sandwiches
kimberskitchen....love it...it is delicious and easy and spicy!! This was dinner tonight on my fresh artisan rolls...so delicious!!
- 3 1/2 lb
- pork shoulder roast
- 2/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt or just plain kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 3/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 can(s)
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 ounce can)
- 1 c
How to Make Brown Sugar Chipotle Roast Pork (pulled sandwiches
- 1Slice roast about 3/4 of the way through (leave the bottom 1 1/2 inch intact) every 3/4inch so that the slices fall open, but are still connected on the bottom.
In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and spices. Mix well to create a dry rub. Press this rub onto all surfaces of the pork roast..making sure to get it in between the cuts. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
In a blender or food processor, blend the chipotle peppers & adobo sauce to create a thick sauce. Spoon about 1/3 (or more if you like heat) of the sauce all over the pork roast. Again make sure to hit all of pork and in between the cuts.
Pour the water into the bottom of the cooker, being careful not to rinse all seasoning off the meat.
Cover the slow cooker, and cook on high for six hours.
- 2Once roast is done pull out and set aside on a plate. Once cool enough to handle shred pork with 2 forks. Skim the fat off the sauce in the crock pot and put in a small saucepan. Mix a little flour to thicken a little and keep warm . Once you have shredded the pork put it back in the crock pot and pour sauce over top. Heap onto fresh buns and devour!! So yummy!!
- 3*I saved s little sauce and dipped our sandwiches in it at the table.