Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans & Ham
- 1/2 stick
- butter, unsalted-more if you prefer
- 1 medium
- shallot, sliced thin
- 1/3 lb
- ham on bone sliced, cooked and cut
- 16 oz
- baby lima beans, frozen
- 1 1/2 tsp
- beau monde seasoning or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- course black pepper
- 2 pinch
- crushed red pepper flakes-optional
- chives to garnish
How to Make Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans & Ham
- 1Add butter to a medium high heat skillet. Whisk butter frequently to prevent burning. Butter will be ready when it's golden brown and nutty. Reduce heat.
- 2Add shallots to skillet and saute for 1 minute. Add ham and continue to saute for another minute.
- 3Add lima beans and remaining seasoning to pan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until lima beans are fork tender. Garnish with chives.