Breakfast Egg Rolls
Scrambled Eggs, Fine Minced Potatoes and Chorizo come together for this appetizing breakfast treat.
Add a little Minced Jalapeno or other peppers for a bit of a bite.
Or let your guests add a dash of Tabasco Sauce when served, It'll wake up their taste buds in the morning. I personally like a bit of a bite for breakfast and splash some Tabasco Sauce on my Biscuits and Gravy, or my Basted Eggs.
Bloody Mary -- Anyone?
As a friend of mine says "You can't drink all day if you don't have one in the morning." A practice I stay away from -- Discourage -- And don't recommend!
Although -- As a Rare Exception -- Bloody Mary -- Anyone?
They are transportable for that daily commute.
INGREDIENTS ARE FOR EIGHT AMPLE EGG ROLLS
8egg roll wraps
3eggs scrambled and cooked
1 to 1 1/2 cchorizo cooked minced
1 ccooked potatoes minced fine
1 tspolive oil added to ingredients
dash(es)salt and pepper
1 tspjalpeno or less diced fine (optional)
2/3 coil for frying
·tabasco sauce or sliced or diced jalpeno peppers or some salsa on the side.
How to Make Breakfast Egg Rolls
- Cook the scramble Eggs. Cook the Chorizo and dice medium to coarse.
- I used canned potatoes (They are already cooked). Or you could cook your own potatoes. I dice and mince fairly fine with the multi-bladed pastry blender.
- Add finely diced Jalapeno Peppers (Optional). I usually leave out and let my guests add the heat at time of serving if they choose. I cook so that 4 and 5 year old's can eat my presentations.
- When ingredients are all cooked add 1 teaspoon Olive Oil And a dash of Salt and Pepper. and Mix and combine well. I cook with very low salt.
- With one corner of the Egg Roll Wrap toward you, place two heaping tablespoons of mixture on wrap. Roll corner and turn up the edges. Continue rolling until complete.
- Fry in the 2/3 cup cooking oil, loose corner down until golden, flip and brown other side.
- Place on paper towels to absorb oil. allow to cool slightly and serve. These re-heat well in microwave, I wrap loosely in paper towel to heat. These re-heat just as well after freezing.
- When serving provide Tabasco Sauce or sliced or diced Jalapeno Peppers or Salsa so you guests can add a bit of a bite if desired. Enjoy
- Note: I don't care for a lot of the sausage shaped pre-packaged Chorizo. Hy Vee, one of our local grocery chains prepares an excellent Chorizo at their meat counter (My Preference). Also a couple of Mexican Food Markets prepare a very good Chorizo. You can also purchase a Chorizo flavoring mix and make your own with ground pork.
- NOTE: See my recently added "Bloody Mary Mix"