Thought it deserved to be shared with others who would enjoy it as well.
1 can(s)crescent refrigerated seamless dough sheet
4 tspmustard, spicy brown
1 can(s)(8 oz.) sauerkraut, well drained on paper towels
4cooked smoked bratwurst ( i use johnsonville beer brats)
1/2 tspcaraway seeds
How to Make Bratwurst Braids
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles; place on cookie sheet. Press each into 6x4-inch rectangle.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard over each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Place 1/4 cup sauerkraut and 1 bratwurst lengthwise down center of each rectangle.
- On long side of each rectangle, make 5 cuts at an angle and 1 inch apart almost to edge of sauerkraut. For braided appearance, fold strips of dough at an angle across bratwurst with ends of strips slightly overlapping, alternating from side to side; press ends to seal. Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm with additional mustard, if desired.