Brat burgers, can you dig it ?
Irisa Raina 91
As for the jalapeno & habanero peppers go if you want them milder use only 1, if you want them with more heat, add 2 of each pepper.
Remembering that the seeds and vein has the heat. And never rub your eyes until you have washed your hands…
Also the longer you let the onion, garlic and herbs marinate in the apple juice the better they will taste. I marinated them for 1 hour, on the counter.
- 1 package johnsonville beer brats “or any flavor you like “
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion “soaked “
- teaspoon dry minced garlic “soaked “
- ¾ teaspoon each parsley, oregano and basil “soaked “
- 6 tablespoons apple juice “divided into thirds
- 1 large egg + 2 yolks
- 1 & ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced fine
- 1 habanero pepper minced fine
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup dry panko bread crumbs + ¾ cup
- 2 tablespoons oil “ not olive “
- 1 large granny smith apple
- pineapple relish:
- 1 20 oz. can sliced pineapples in juice “drained”
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 6 green onions chopped “ using the white and green parts”
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 small roasted red pepper chopped
How to Make Brat burgers, can you dig it ?
- 5Beat the egg + yolk’s in a bowl.
- 10At this point you’ll want to start to add the additional ¾ cup of bread crumbs ¼ cup at a time and mix thoroughly. If you think you will need the additional bread crumbs add the rest and mix again.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 12Form into patties and grille or fry….fry????? Oh no no no…grille them….
- 13TO MAKE THE RELISH:
- 14Drain the juice from the sliced pineapples, into a bowl making sure not to break the pineapple slices, put slices in a bowl and refrigerate.