Braised Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4center-cut loin chops, 2 pounds
1 Tbspcorn oil
1/4 ccarrots, chopped
1/4 ccelery, chopped
1/2 conions, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspgarlic clove, minced
1/4 cwhite wine, dry
3/4 cchicken broth
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 tspdijon mustard
1/2 csour cream
1/4 ccapers, drained
How to Make Braised Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet large enough to hold the chops in one layer.
- Add the chops and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Scatter the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and parsley around the chops.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Blend the wine, chicken broth and tomato paste and add to the skillet.
- Cover closely and cook about 25 minutes longer, turning the chops once.
- Remove the chops and keep hot. Add the mustard and sour cream to the skillet and stir.
- Bring just to a boil, but do not boil or the sour cream will curdle.
- Put the sauce through a fine sieve, pressing down with a wooden spoon to extract the liquid flavorings from the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and add the capers.
- Reheat gently without boiling.
- Spoon the sauce over the chops.