How to Make Boudin Balls
- 1Puncture the platic boudin wrapping with a knife and place packages on a plate. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 2In a mixing bowl beat eggs well. Remove boudin from package and carefully remove casing from the filling. Add rice mixture to the eggs and mix well. Form into small balls and place on a waxed paper lined baking pan.
- 3Set out flour, buttermilk and breadcrumbs in three seperate bowls. Dredge each ball in flour, then in buttermilk, and roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat this process until all balls have been prepared.
- 4Deep fry balls, without overcrowding skillet or fryer, in oil at 350 degrees for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Drain on another baking pan thickly lined with paper towels.
*At this point you can put the balls on a waxed papper lined baking pan and set into freezer for a few hours. Transfer balls to a zip close freezer bag and save until ready to eat.
- 5Serve hot with honey dijon mustard or my orange pepper jelly.
*To reheat from frozen, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Put boudin balls on baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook for 20 minutes and serve hot.
*Note: If you find the boudin to be too spicy and want to tame it down a bit, add some extra cooked white rice to the mixture before forming into balls.