Boiled Dinner with Ham Hocks, Grandma's
If you like old fashioned ham hocks you might like this one.
- potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- carrots (cut into 2 inch lengths)
- onions, quartered
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 3 lb
- ham hocks, corned beef, or ham
- 2 tsp
- dill seed
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 qt
- beef broth
- 1 large
- cabbage quartered, and cut in half
How to Make Boiled Dinner with Ham Hocks, Grandma's
- 1In a 5 to 6 quart stock pot, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic.
Place the meat on top of the vegetables; sprinkle with dill seed and pepper. Pour the broth over the all. Meat should be covered. Add water, if needed to raise level of liquid.
- 2Cover and cook on simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours. Watch level of liquid while cooking to keep all ingredients in simmering liquid. Meat should be almost done, if so add cabbage. (Otherwise cook a bit longer before adding cabbage.) Cook 30-40 minutes more until meat and cabbage are done.